Based on years of experience, we have created our own child centered curriculum based on a weekly theme and the children’s interests and needs.
Our activities are the result of careful planning, preparation and thought.
We offer opportunities to be active and noisy or focused and quiet each day.
We respect the children’s individual artistic efforts and focus on the process not the product… it is after all, art !
- Active Outdoor Play (balance beam, bicycles, ball games, hoops, rocking boat)
- Book Corner
- Creative Art (collage, cutting, drawing, gluing, painting, stamping)
- Class Jobs (bell ringer, chair, cup & napkin helpers, fish feeder, gardener)
- Class Time (alphabet letter and sound, pre literacy skills)
- Dramatic Play/Housekeeping
- Finger Plays and Music (dancing, listening, singing with autoharp or guitar)
- Healthy Habits
- Language Experiences (reading, rhyming games, Spanish, writing name)
- Manipulative Play (blocks, duplos, puzzles, matching games,sorting )
- Science Experiences
- Sensory Table (manipulating, measuring, pouring)
- Story Time (calendar concepts, name recognition)
- Weekly Chapel Time (story, finger play, flannel story, songs)
- Arrival & Greeting
- Teacher Directed Table Projects
- Self Directed Play
- Bike Yard Activities
- Class Jobs
- Transition/Hand washing
- Clean up
- Lunch Bunch (Mon/Wed/Fri)