• Easter Sunday, 8 April 1956, first worship service held at Eagles Lodge Hall. At the La Avenida Restaurant banquets on June 1957, “Resurrection” chosen as the new church’s name by 33 charter members.
  • Newly formed church first served by Pastor Paul Hilgendorf from St. James Lutheran Church, Imperial Beach, California and vicar/intern, Rodney Lench.
  • Four lots at corner of Orange Avenue and Fifth Street, Coronado purchased for $45,000. Pastor Harold Boeche install as first full-time pastor.
  • Groundbreaking on 24 July 1960, and dedication of current church building on 12 February 1961, with over half of construction done by members.
  • Pastor Roger Schalm arrived in July 1964. He was commissioned as U.S. Army chaplain at our church, April 1967. Rev. J. Floyd Dreith (RADM, USN, Ret.) was pastor from 1967–69, and Rev. Michael Drews served from 1969–73.
  • First Easter Sunrise Worship Service on Coronado Beach was held in 1970, with fifty people attending.
  • New pews purchased and installed from 1973–74.
  • Pastor James Hallerberg installed September 1974.
  • Multi-purpose facility ($85,000) completed in 1975. Members did insulation, floor tile, and all painting.
  • Lutheran Book of Worship purchased by individuals as new pew hymnals in 1979.
  • New Rogers Organ (bequest of Austell Estate) dedicated in 1981, our 25th Anniversary.
  • Resurrection Preschool begins, September 1983.
  • Second Story, Parsonage Addition ($95,000), 1985.
  • New baby grand piano purchased in 1988.
  • Stained Glass Window project, 1989–90.
  • Ed Abel Memorial Patio, 1990.
  • 35th Anniversary Celebration, 28 April 1991. Stained Glass Chancel Cross, NRSV pew Bibles. New pulpit, altar, font.
  • Pastor Hallerberg on sabbatical; Dr. John George Huber three month interim pastor, 1994. New floor for chancel. With One Voice hymnal supplement purchased, 1995.
  • Celebration of Pastor Hallerberg’s 30th year of service at Resurrection Lutheran Church on 26 September 2004, and burning of mortgage.
  • New carpet and flooring for narthex and sanctuary, 2004.
  • Celebrated 50th Anniversary, December 2005–June 2006.
  • New Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW) hymnals purchased, 2007.
  • Pastor Hallerberg retires from Resurrection Lutheran Church, after nearly 35 years of service, and gives farewell sermon, 19 April 2009.
  • Resurrection Lutheran Church joins the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA), and becomes part of the Pacifica Synod, 2009.
  • Pastor Michael Hagenow installed February 13, 2011.
  • Pastor Michael Hagenow left service at RLC on December 20, 2014.
  • Improvement Project, March 2015